You will never guess this rich, grain-free pizza crust is made with cauliflower instead of flour. Serve with your favorite sauce and toppings.
- ½ head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place cauliflower pieces through the feeding tube of the food processor using the grating blade; pulse until all the cauliflower is shredded.
*If no food processor, choose frozen riced cauliflower and cook per package directions to steam. Strain through a fine meshed colander due to releasing a lot of water after cooking.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until cooled, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Stir Italian cheese blend, parsley, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper into cauliflower until evenly incorporated. Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; press and shape into a pizza crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
58.8 calories; protein 4.3g 9% DV; carbohydrates 3.3g 1% DV; fat 3.5g 5% DV; cholesterol 38.4mg 13% DV; sodium 109mg 4% DV.
Courtesy of www.allrecipes.com.