- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk (any kind)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan or skillet over medium/high heat, then add onion. Sauté for 2–3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and spinach and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and half of the cheese; set aside.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the veggies into each cup of the prepared muffin tin and top with the egg mixture, leaving a little bit of room at the top of each cup. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.