Cook this healthy pot roast low and slow for fork-tender meat that pairs perfectly with creamy cauliflower and charred broccoli.
- 1 head broccoli, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 chuck roast, 3–4 pounds
- 4 cups low-salt beef broth
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 4–5 pepperoncini peppers, plus a little juice from the jar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place broccoli on lined sheet tray, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tender. Set aside.
- Steam or boil cauliflower with garlic until soft.
- Drain the cauliflower, then add buttermilk, butter, salt and pepper and mash by hand or with immersion blender. Set aside.
- Reduce oven to 300°F. In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add butter and then chuck roast and sear until browned, 6-8 minutes.
- Add broth, ranch dressing mix, pepperoncini peppers and pepperoncini juice.
- Place in oven and cook low and slow until tender, 4–6 hours. Meat should easily pull apart with a fork.
- Place pot roast and broccoli on top of mashed cauliflower and serve immediately.