This air fryer shrimp sandwich is made with crispy shrimp served on a soft potato bun with lettuce and homemade tartar sauce, the perfect summer sandwich.
- 20 about 14 to 16 oz raw peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp, tails removed
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/3 cup dry seasoned panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- olive oil spray
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 whole wheat 100 calorie potato buns, (round or long)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the ingredients for the tartar sauce and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and beat it. Combine panko, and breadcrumbs in a second bowl.
- Using a fork, place shrimp 1 at a time into the egg, then into the crumbs, then onto a plate in a single layer while breading the rest.
- Spray the top of the shrimp generously with oil then transfer oil side down to the fryer basket in a single layer in batches.
- Spray the other side with oil and air fry 400F 4 minutes.
- Shake the basket and cook 2 more minutes, or until golden. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- On 4 buns, divide the shrimp on each, top with lettuce and 2 1/2 tablespoons tartar sauce on the top side of the bun.
Serving: Calories: 352kcal, Carbohydrates: 33.5g, Protein: 34.5g, Fat: 9.35g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 228mg, Sodium: 873mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 6.5
Courtesy of www.skinnytaste.com.