- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. slivered green onion
- In a medium-large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil then onions, peppers, garlic, salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion/peppers are caramelized, tender and slightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn down heat to low and add balsamic vinegar, scraping the bottom of the skillet to remove any stuck-on flavor.
- Let cook on low for 2-3 more minutes. Taste and add salt, if necessary.
- Garnish with slivered green onions.
- Serve hot or at room temperature over grilled steak, fish, chicken or pork chops.