Master this classic dish with Kelsey’s quick and easy recipe.
* 2-4 servings
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. medium/large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ tsp. reduced sodium Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Pinch of salt
- Place oil in a large skillet and heat on high.
- Pat the shrimp dry and add to skillet, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes on one side until just pink.
- Season with Old Bay, a squeeze of lemon and a dash of salt.
Oven Okra Fries
- 20-25 fresh okra pods, medium-large size, sliced vertically
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Tajín (optional if you want to add a touch of heat)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss okra with oil and seasonings in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spread okra on a sheet tray (or two) lined with parchment. Make sure they aren’t piled on top of each other — that will make them steam, and you won’t get those fried crispy edges we love.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring the okra with a spatula halfway through. They should be brown and crispy but not burnt.
- Serve warm as a snack or side dish (alone or with dipping sauces).
Baked Corn Grits
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup stone-ground yellow grits
- 1 15.25 oz. can reduced sodium creamed corn
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 4-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil, then add salt.
- Slowly whisk in grits and corn, then reduce heat to low and cook 10-15 minutes, whisking frequently, until grits are thick.
- Add garlic powder, 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and milk and stir to completely incorporate.
- Slowly whisk in eggs and butter, stirring until completely combined.
- Pour the mix into the prepared casserole dish and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until bubbling and set, then cool for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups baby tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Put oil in a sauté pan or skillet over high heat and add tomatoes and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until tomatoes have popped and turned slightly golden in color.
- Pour over shrimp and grits.