With braised apples, spiced oatmeal and pecan crumble, whipped vanilla yogurt.
Dinner’s not done until dessert is served. Send ’em home happy with Kelsey’s fruit crisp.
* 2-4 servings
- 4 medium to large apples, half tart like Granny Smith, half sweet like honeycrisp
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. fresh apple juice or water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F at convection bake if you have. Set out a casserole or baking dish.
- Peel and then thinly slice apples.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss apples with lemon juice, honey, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cornstarch, apple juice (or water) and salt.
- Place in a casserole or baking dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, then carefully remove foil.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the apples are tender and golden brown.
Spiced Oatmeal & Pecan Crumble
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Toss together all ingredients (except raisins) in a mixing bowl.
- Spread mix on parchment-lined cooking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and crunchy.
- Add golden raisins.
Whipped Vanilla Yogurt (optional)
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine ingredients in a stand mixer with whisk attachment.
- Mix at medium-high speed until thick and stiff, about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy over baked apples with a sprinkle of crumble.