With cabbage, peas and chimichurri.
Mouthwatering pork chops full of flavor will make this a go-to recipe for years to come.
* 2 servings
- 2 10-12 oz. (average) bone-in pork chops
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (heart healthy omega-3s)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt both sides of pork with half a teaspoon of salt on each side and set aside.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Let the skillet get hot to almost smoking. (Test the heat of the skillet by placing a small amount of butter in the skillet. If the butter pops and immediately melts, it’s ready.)
- Add olive oil, then add pork chops. Let sear on high heat until completely golden brown and cooked evenly, 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the chops and turn down to medium, searing for 1 minute on the other side.
- Add butter, garlic and thyme, then baste the pork by tilting skillet on one side, gently pouring the butter over the top of the chops with a spoon.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet, place on plate, and let rest 10 minutes before cutting.
- 3 cups shredded or chopped cabbage
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (heart healthy omega-3s)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Combine all ingredients in the same skillet the pork chops were cooked in and raise heat to high. Cook, stirring, for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt (or lite salt/salt substitute)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until mostly smooth.
- Pour over pork chops to taste.
Braised Lady Peas
- 2 cups lady peas or lima beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock (consider unsalted chicken stock to reduce sodium)
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
Place peas or beans in a medium saucepan with remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, uncovered, then reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.