Searching for that perfect, crowd-pleasing appetizer for you next get-together? Look no further than these stuffed jalapeño poppers. The rich and creamy combination of bacon, cream cheese, and cheddar nicely contrasts the muted spice of grilled jalapeño peppers. This grilled appetizer recipe is a healthy, fresh alternative to the popular breaded and fried version.
- 2 center-cut bacon slices
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 ounce extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 14 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomato
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- Combine crumbled bacon, cheeses, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl, stirring well to combine. Divide cheese mixture evenly and fill the pepper halves.
- Place peppers, cheese sides up, on grill rack or grill grate coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and grill peppers 8 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Place peppers on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cilantro and tomato.
Calories 56, Fat 4.1g, Satfat 2.2g, Monofat 1.1g, Polyfat 0.2g, Protein 2.9g, Carbohydrate 2.1g, Fiber 0.5g, Cholesterol 13mg, Iron 0.2mg, Sodium 157mg, Calcium 55mg
Courtesy of www.myrecipes.com.