Skip the stove top and turn on the oven for these mouthwatering pork chops that stay crispy on the outside and perfectly juicy on the inside.
For the chops:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, pounded out to ½ inch thick
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 6–8 cups arugula greens
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl, then add salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Dip each pork chop in the flour, then the eggs and then the breadcrumbs, pressing gently so the crumbs adhere. Gently shake off excess breading, then set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the pork chops (you may need to do this in batches) and cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown and crispy (internal temperature should be 145°F). Place chops on a paper towel-lined plate.
- While pork is cooking, place all salad ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and toss together.
- Slice pork and serve salad over it. Enjoy immediately.