Perfect for a quick and healthy breakfast, these savory breakfast muffins are stuffed with eggs, fresh veggies and plenty of zest.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- kernels from 1 ear of corn
- 1 small bell pepper, diced (red, orange or yellow are best)
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. shallot, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add vegetable oil. Once it’s hot, add zucchini, tomato, corn, bell pepper, garlic and shallot. Sauté until tender, about 5–7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk and peas together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once veggies are cooked, let them cool to room temperature, then add them to the egg mixture.
- Put paper muffin cups in a muffin tin (regular or mini) and spray with a nonstick spray.
- Divide egg mixture between the muffin cups.
- Bake until set and slightly browned on top (roughly 10 minutes for minis and 20 minutes for regular-sized muffins).
- Remove muffins from tray, peel off paper cups and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Rob Varner, Sheepshead Eats