- 4 medium (about 2 lbs.) sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed large
- 1 stick (8 tbsp.) butter, melted, plus more for buttering cookie sheet
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375–400•F. Line a small cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together sweet potatoes, butter, syrup or honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until potatoes are coated. Roast 30–45 minutes, stirring three or four times throughout, until potatoes are tender when punctured with a fork and have taken on a brown caramel color. Toss with toasted pecans, lemon zest and juice, then season with salt. Serve hot.