Fresh summer peaches make any weeknight meal feel a little more special. Here they’re turned into a quick sweet-herby salsa that wakes up cumin-spiced chicken breasts.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 4 (6-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 2 large
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red Fresno chile
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add chicken, turning to coat. Heat a grill pan over medium-high. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine peaches and remaining ingredients in a bowl; serve with chicken.
Calories 296; Fat 11.1g; Satfat 2.1g; Monofat 6.4g; Polyfat 1.7g; Protein 35g; Carbohydrate 13g; Fiber 2g; Cholesterol 94mg; Iron 2mg; Sodium 324mg; Calcium 31mg; Sugars 11g; Est. added sugars 3g
Courtesy of Cookinglight.com