Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 10 minutes, Serves: 8
1 1/2 lbs trimmed, fresh green beans
1 1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, sliced (or 1 tsp dried minced garlic)
Freshly ground black peppers
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1. Blanche green beans in large pot of boiling water with salt (approximately 1 1/2 minutes) then quickly remove and put into ice bath*.
2. Cool, drain and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
4. Add green beans, salt and pepper and toss.
5. Finish with soy sauce right before removing from heat.
*Note: The ice bath stops the cooking process and maintains the beans’ bright color.
Per serving, about 1/2 cup cooked
68 calories, 5 g CHO, 2.5 g fat, 4 g protein, 63 mg sodium