- 8 medium (about 4 lbs) sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 large orange, zest and juice
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted, plus more for buttering dish
- 2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- Roast sweet potatoes whole, in their skins, by placing them in the oven on a sheet tray at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and place potatoes in a bowl. Add light brown sugar, eggs, honey, cinnamon, salt, orange zest and juice, and butter and stir to just combine.
- Layer in a 9×13 inch casserole dish and top with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered, for 20-30 minutes or until bubbling and set.