Easy air fryer fish that is crispy and golden from the outside, soft and moist from the inside. Cooked in just 15 minutes!
- 8 (28oz, 800g) fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup (50g) dry bread crumbs If following a gluten-free diet, use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or granules
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- tartar sauce
- lemon wedges
- If using frozen fish fillets, defrost them. Drizzle with olive oil, and make sure that the fish is well coated with oil.
- In a shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs with paprika, chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- Coat each fish fillet in bread crumbs, and transfer to your air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer at 390°F (200°C) for 12-15 minutes. After the first 8-10 minutes, open the air fryer and flip the fish fillets on the other side then continue cooking.
- You could use either fresh fish fillets or frozen fish fillets that are completely thawed. The fillets should not be too thin as thin strips won’t work in this recipe.
- Make sure that your air fryer basket is not overcrowded as that will prevent the fish from crisping.
- You might need to adjust the cooking times depending on the kind and the thickness of the fish that you’re using and the model of your air fryer. Fish is ready when it’s easily flaked with a fork.
Calories: 153kcal; Carbohydrates: 11g; Protein: 21g; Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Sodium: 269mg; Potassium: 302mg; Fiber: 1g; Vitamin A: 70IU; Vitamin C: 2.7mg; Calcium: 10mg; Iron: 1.5mg
Courtesy of littlesunnykitchen.com.