Give traditional deviled eggs a healthy Southern spin—and a meaty crunch to boot.
Makes 12 deviled eggs.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled okra
- ¼ cup crumbled pork rinds
- Remove yolks from eggs and place in a medium bowl. Set whites on a serving platter.
- Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Combine crumbled yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper and mix until smooth.
- Evenly portion heaping teaspoons of yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika, then garnish with okra and pork rinds. Serve immediately.