Hot, cheesy and lightened up just a touch, this easy-to-make appetizer will treat hungry guests right.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup okra, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups cooked shrimp, chopped
- 2 oz. low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. Tajin seasoning
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook onion, jalapenos, celery, okra and garlic with olive oil and salt until tender and slightly golden, roughly 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients, then add cooked veggie mix. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into a casserole dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, crackers, pork rinds or veggies for dipping.