- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup breakfast sausage
- 4 green onions, sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, small diced
- 4 low carb tortillas
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat in a large skillet until crispy. Transfer to a plate covered with a paper towel to drain grease. Next add sausage to the skillet and cook until browned, about 7-10 minutes. Transfer to the paper towel covered plate with bacon. Drain all grease from the skillet except 1 tbsp. Add whites from green onions and sauté them for about 1 minutes. Next add roasted red peppers and sauté for another 1 minute.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl, then pour them into the heated skillet along with the cooked sausage and cheese. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, move the egg mixture around while they cook until light and fluffy.
- Assemble tacos by spooning some of the egg mixture into the tortilla then topping with crumbled bacon and avocado. Enjoy!
* Additionally, a drizzle of your favorite salsa or low-fat ranch dressing goes great on these tacos!
Recipe courtesy of Rob Varner of Sheepshead Eats.