- 1 baguette, cut into 1″ slices
- ¼ cup + 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. + ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pint strawberries, chopped
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade cut, roughly chopped or torn
- 1 tbsp. balsamic glaze
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place baguette slices on a medium sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with ¼ cup olive oil, 1-tablespoon salt and 1-teaspoon black pepper.
- Bake until bread is toasted, about 10 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool before topping.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix ricotta with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- In another medium bowl, toss strawberries with basil, balsamic, lemon zest and juice, and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Spread each toast generously with ricotta mixture then top with strawberries.
- Drizzle more olive oil over the top, if desired, and enjoy immediately.