A medley of squash, pepper and onion creates a fiesta of freshness. Roast, wrap and enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 16-ounce can fat-free refried black beans
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced crosswise
- 1 medium zucchini squash, sliced crosswise
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ½ cup prepared green salsa
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded fat-free cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté chopped onion and jalapeño pepper in olive oil 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add beans and stir until well combined. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until heated.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray yellow squash, zucchini, and sliced onion with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and bake approximately 20 minutes, flipping sliced vegetables halfway through cooking time.
- Heat tortillas. Spread approximately ¼ cup bean mixture onto each tortilla. Add approximately ¼ cup squash and onions. Top with chopped tomato or salsa and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Serving size: 2 tacos
309 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g trans); 5 mg cholesterol; 44 mg sodium; 53 g carbohydrates; 11 g dietary fiber; 9 g sugars; 13 g protein