Serves 2-4 people.
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 cups cooked collard leaves
- 2 cups shredded raw collards
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan over medium low heat, cook bacon until it is completely crispy & fat has rendered.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon & set to the side.
- In the same pan with bacon fat over low heat, add vinegar & raisins, stir, then cook for 2 more minutes.
- Place cooked collards, raw collards, pecans in a mixing bowl and toss with warm pan dressing.
- Taste, then add salt & pepper to your liking.