Whole wheat pasta and reduced fat cheese lets you comfort yourself and family with more nutrients and fewer calories.
- 1 (12 ounce) box whole wheat elbow pasta
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can reduced-fat condensed cheddar cheese soup
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta until slightly firm but not soft according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheddar cheese soup, yogurt, sour cream, salt, and pepper and stir to mix well. Fold in the mozzarella and ¼ cup of the cheddar.
- Add the drained pasta to the cheese mixture and stir until the pasta is evenly coated. Transfer the pasta to the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining ¼ cup cheddar and the panko crumbs.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the cheese is melted and bubby, about 5 minutes longer. Serve warm.
Serving size: ⅔ cup. 156 calories; 30 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 9 g fat