- 1 lb. strawberries, diced
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves removed and finely chopped, stem reserved
- 2 tsp. ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Place strawberries, water, lemon juice and oregano stems in a saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to a low simmer, medium-low, and let bubble or lowly simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon or fork, mash the strawberries then continue to cook on medium-low for another 30 minutes until reduced by half, stirring consistently to prevent burning.
- Stir regularly with a spatula to prevent the jam from burning.
- Add the chopped oregano leaves and ground chia seeds (this is a natural, healthy thickener) and stir to incorporate.
- Let cool to room temp and pour into sterilized jars.
- Once seal is broken, store in the fridge for up to 2 months.